Patrick is driving a big water truck in North Dakota for the oil wells. He is gone 16 days and home 12. Anne and I decided to have a little mother/daughter date and we went to our favorite Mexican Restaurant here in town, Cafe Sabor. The salsa there is SOOOO yummy. I can practically drink it, and Anne loves it as well. Anne is usually very good with the tortilla chips, but this trip she got a little over confident and started putting them whole into her mouth. Obviously she started choking and then puking. I was rubbing her back and keeping her calm, while holding my hand cupped in front of her mouth to catch whatever I could. As she recovered, she looked at me with her red puffy eyes and said, "Thank you, Mom."
I normally go to the gym after Anne is asleep and Patrick is home, but with Patrick gone that is no longer possible. So, I have been trying to do at least one workout video per day. Anne is usually good to let me do it; she just likes to help and sometimes she will even do it to . . .well her interpretation of what I am doing. However, Anne has become absolutely OBSESSED with Lion King. She can watch that movie 100 times a day every day. She is constantly shoving the case at me saying, "Roar! Roar!" The other day I put in a workout DVD and was determined to do the whole thing because I had missed a few days in a row. But when Anne realized it was not Lion King, she threw a FIT! She was rolling around the bed, flailing her arms and screaming at the top of her lungs. She did time out a couple times in a row since we do not tolerate temper tantrums, but she was as determined as I was. I finally lost my temper and yelled at her, "Anne, I am going to do my workout video!" She got very sad with the real alligator tears and softly said, "Sorry, Mom." Ohhhhhh! I felt so bad for yelling and she was so sorrowful that I decided I could do lunges and squats while she watched "Roar." After I got my 30 minutes in and a shower, I laid beside her on the bed. She put her little chubby hand on my bicep and gently patted and squeezed it until the movie was finished. I'm in love!
Anne loves strawberry yogurt! She can eat six per day. That is no exaggeration. I'm sure the fact that she can get it out of the fridge, reach the spoons and take the top off by herself is part of the appeal. But whatever it is, she likes them. One morning as I was changing her diaper, she kept asking for "strawberry. Strawberry." That is a very normal breakfast request, except she was reaching down where the diapers are in the changing table. She was also trying to take off her pjs. I did not fully understand this request, so I asked her to show me. She started digging through her pj drawer, picking one up, and in frustration putting it back. She did this a few times, leaving me more confused as to what she wanted. Finally she pulled out her pink pjs and handed it to me in satisfaction. I guess she wanted to wear her strawberry colored pjs that day. Ok!
Today is absolutely gorgeous! It was 42 degrees at 9:00am so it was very warm by the end of church. After lunch, Anne and I did a little barefoot stroll around the block before nap time. She was reluctant to come in, so I had to pick her up. She was very sad and she said, "sunshine. sunshine" as we headed into the house. I know exactly how she feels.




No comments:
Post a Comment